“Sleek, durable and functional; these three factors perfectly describe the Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack. Your partner for everyday commute as well as a convenient carry-on that meets checkpoint requirements and TSA standards, this backpack has it all.“ – BBB Team
The Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Pack
The Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack from Tumi is the ideal backpack for all your business needs. As an everyday bag, it can accommodate your daily business stuff as well as your personal necessities and even more! If you wish to use it as a hand carry, it is a convenient and smart choice to do so since it features a checkpoint friendly slot for your laptop. This way, you need not rummage through all your stuff during security checks.
Aside from that, it has a series of pockets where you can organize smaller business paraphernalia. What’s so great is that it is made to withstand even the harshest of travels since it is made from ballistic nylon. Modern, functional, versatile and durable…what else could you ask for? We have classified the Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack under our LAETE℠ T Category – Travel backpacks.
The Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack from Tumi has made traveling (specifically business travelling) easier and more convenient. This backpack was specially designed for the modern frequent traveler. This is because of its most important and ingenious feature: its TSA approved checkpoint ready laptop slot. Wherever your bring it and for whatever purpose, the Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack is ready for any kind of adventure.
The innovation of the Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack has not just marked but elevated the world of business travel. Tumi deserves a round of applause for such a backpack. The Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack signifies the peak of Tumi’s success in the luggage industry. Despite the complicated world of business travel, Tumi has always been a few steps ahead. As a businessman, I am at awe at how Tumi can think of all the possible problems every businessman or professional might encounter during travel. Tumi has given solution for most if not all possible crises. The Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack might look like your usual professional pack. But when you examine it closely, you will realize that everything about it has a purpose. Definitely one of the best business backpack in the market!
Its main feature which is the TSA approved checkpoint ready compartment was designed to remove stress and hassle during air travel. This slot is located in the rear area. With this design, you do not need to take out your laptop during security checks. If ever you will be asked to take it out, you can do so easily without affecting the rest of the contents of your bag. The laptop section can accommodate different sizes of laptops up to 15 inches and has foam blocks that can be removed. Aside from the laptop compartment, the main compartment of the Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack is a great advantage as well. Its opening is wide to give you full access to the inside. Not just that, it has several compartments to secure your smaller business needs or perhaps smaller essentials. It has a zippered pocket with the Tumi ID Lock. This secures your personal information on your credit cards, identification cards, passports etc. It has several interior and exterior organizer pockets.
The Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack also makes sure that when you are carrying it on your back, you are assured of a comfortable travel. It is equipped with padded shoulder straps as well as a cushioned back panel for complete comfort. When carrying the backpack for longer periods of time, you have the option to use its trolley sleeve. This way, you can slip it on your trolley handle. This allows easy mobilization! Also, if using it as a backpack is a no-go, you can make use of the leather carry handle.
All these important features will remain to be nothing without durability. Tumi has made sure that your pack can withstand even the most difficult and the harshest of all journeys. The Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack is made from FXT ballistic nylon. This renders your backpack to be virtually resistant from wear and tear. An added bonus is the Limited Lifetime Warranty offered by Tumi in case of manufacturer defects.
For a clearer list of the features of the Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack, here is a quick summary:
- The interior features of the Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack includes: cushioned laptop section, elastic pockets, zippered pockets, open pockets, zippered ID lock slot, pen loops, key hook, and organizer panel.
- The exterior features of the Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack includes: ticket pocket, rear laptop slot, front u-shaped zippered pocket, water bottle pocket or umbrella pocket, fully adjustable backpack straps, padded back panel, leather carry handle and trolley sleeve.
Backpack Producer Technical Specifications
- External dimensions: 18.9 x 16.8 x 11.3 inches;
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Laptop pocket dimensions: 9.75 in x 15.75 in x 1.75 in (can fit up to 15 inch laptops)
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
Before enumerating the good stuff, let’s analyze some downsides or hitches about getting the Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack. The first drawback that I can pinpoint is the weight. For me, the weight of the bag is fine but maybe for others, they would prefer getting a more lightweight pack. But keep in mind that the Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack is made to be spacious and robust thus an extra added weight. Another disadvantage (that I would also consider as an advantage) is the size. This pack has more room than others. It can store a lot of items. Because of this, the pack might be too big (if the bag is too full) to fit beneath the airline seat. But there’s always the overhead bin where it can comfortably fit.
Other customer opinions, positive/critical:
The Good Stuff
- Laptop Compartment – The Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack has a rear compartment for the laptop which is checkpoint ready. It can fit different sizes of laptops (up to 15 inches) since it comes with foam blocks that can be removed.
- Large, Efficient Compartment – Having a large and efficient main compartment is one of the reasons for getting the Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief backpack. You are assured that you have enough room for 2-3 days’ worth of travel.
- Checkpoint Ready System – These days, it is a must especially for professionals and businessman to use a checkpoint friendly and TSA approved carry-on during air travel. If not, you will definitely have a hard and stressful time during security checks. The Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack is made to provide convenience and ease during security checking. Your laptop can be placed on the rear compartment specifically designed to make sure that you do not need to take out your laptop during the scanning. However, if they ask you to take it out, you can do so easily without affecting the other contents of your bag.
- Strap for your Trolley – Since the Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack can contain a lot of items, it has the tendency to weigh a lot. In this case, if you feel it is too heavy for you or you have been carrying it on your back for a long time, you have the option to use its trolley sleeve and slip in on your trolley for easy mobilization.
- Strap System – Tumi has always prioritized comfort. This pack is equipped with a modifiable and padded shoulder strap system and back panel. You can also use the carry handle if ever using the backpack straps is inappropriate.
- Additional Convenient Pockets – The Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Backpack has organization in mind. Your bigger travel needs as well as the smaller business necessities have their own place. It even comes with an additional accessories pouch.